I provide individualized counseling focusing on developing effective coping strategies, developing effective skills for problem solving, distress tolerance, interpersonal effectiveness, resolution of trauma and PTSD, and relapse prevention strategies for substance abuse. I am fully trained in several researched and evidenced based techniques including DBT (Dialectic Behavior Therapy), EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), and Motivational Interviewing (MI).
Master of Arts in Counseling, Regis University, Denver, CO (August 2007)
Master of Science in Management, Regis University (December 2006)
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, University of Colorado at Boulder (December 1989)
- Licensed Addiction Counseling Masters Level (MAC) training and supervision
- Completed over 80 hours of clinical training using Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Certified Therapist in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Completed clinical training on CBT and Mindfulness, and Psychopharmacology
- Attended over 100 hours of clinical training in: Suicide Assessment; Strengths-Based Treatment Planning, Treatment Models for Working with Children; Child Development and Attachment; Play Therapy; Sandplay Therapy; Working with Parents; Couples and Families; and Substance Abuse
Contact me for: On-going supportive counseling and supervision
Licensing: LPC – Licensed Professional Counselor, LAC – Licensed Addiction Counselor
Certification: Therapist in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
Specialties: Major Depression, Mood Disorder, Addictions and Co-occuring disorders, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Couples Counseling, Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction and Anxiety, Adjustment Issues, Affective Disorder, Anxiety Issues and Phobias, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Bipolar Mood Disorders, Career Counseling, Eating Disorders, and Chronic Pain and Illness.
To make an appointment: (720) 663-7702
Or use our online scheduling