Kathy Higgins Counseling & Psychotherapy
Kathy Higgins, LPC, LAC
Let me provide a safe, validating space and assist you as you face your challenges, discover new choices and find solutions.
In my practice, I specialize in providing individual counseling to men and women who would like to invite acceptance and initiate change in order to live more effective and
What I Can Help With:
- Depression and Bipolar Mood Disorders
- Recovery from Addictions
- Healing Trauma and Post-Traumatic Stress (PTSD)
- Anxiety, Phobias and Obsessive Compulsive Issues
- Grief and Bereavement
- Healing from Domestic Abuse and Violence
- Healing from Childhood Abuse
- Eating Disorders and Binge Eating
- Addictions to:
- Self Harm
- Women’s Issues
- Career Counseling and Coaching
- Coping with Disabilities
- Chronic Pain and Illness
- Building Self-Esteem
- Parenting Skills and Issues
- Alternative Spirituality
- Supervision of Pre-Licensed Counseling Professionals and Individuals Pursuing
LPC and CAC
I teach and use the following evidence-based modalities:
- Mindfulness Based Stress and Anxiety Reduction
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
I specialize in individual counseling with men and women. I offer DBT therapy groups which are co-facilitated with highly knowledgeable colleagues. I welcome all genders, all races, all ages and sexual orientations and all those differences of life situation, background, and ability that increase diversity. I strive to make the process of change safe. I try to balance the need to be justly compensated for my labor with my commitment to make this work available to people of different economic levels.
I have an office in Littleton near Ken Caryl and Pierce.
Rates: My office hours are flexible to meet your needs. I can schedule appointments weekdays, evenings and on Saturday. My rate is $115.00 per hour. I have a limited number of openings in my practice for clients who need a sliding fee scale.
I accept certain insurance plans as an in-network provider, notably:
- Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- United Behavioral Health
- Mines & Associates (EAP)
- Magellan Behavioral Health
If you have a different insurance plan, I can provide a bill for you to submit to your insurance company. Psychotherapy can be reimbursed through some out-of-network insurance plans (i.e. PPO) benefits or through Health Care Savings Plans.
To make an appointment: (720) 663-7702
Or use our online scheduling